Okay, this isn't Abby related, not really, but I went in for my one week follow-up appointment at the OB/GYN office to get my staples removed and the doctor said that if I wanted to, I could drive. As long as I'm not taking any pain medication.
Last night, I got really sick pretty quick and then got really better pretty quick too. It was really odd. I've had some cracking and such on my nipples from breastfeeding (bad latch a couple of times/Abby leaning in and biting and pulling before I could stop her mostly) and then I had a large lump on one side as well. It hurt so bad and was so tender to the touch. I took my temperature and it was 100.8 so I laid down and rested. I decided to stop being a chicken and nurse Abby on that side instead of just pumping (because let me tell you - pumping wasn't cutting it) and it actually went QUITE well! I was really surprised HOW well it went. She nursed, then we went to sleep. I woke up an hour later completely freezing and took my temperature again. This time it was 101.5 - but I was feeling super weak and nauseous so I just went back to sleep again. This morning I woke up extremely tired but I wasn't feeling sick anymore. Last night, I would have sworn I was developing mastitis, but I don't think it goes away that quickly. Either way, I feel much better today and we have a lactation appointment at 4:00. Why is it that when you make a lactation appointment that baby starts nursing COMPLETELY fine and whatever other problems there were disappear?
Well, I think that's all for now for an update. I'll try to get some more pictures taken soon. I uploaded some new ones last night. A couple were of Abby in cloth. We are going to use cloth when her disposable diapers run out. We have two jumbo packs of newborn diapers. So, there's like 80 diapers we will need to go through first. Oh, and a pair of shorts that I made for her for this summer are actually, um, a perfect fit pair of pants on her right now. I totally misjudged sizing. The pants that I did make for her, she'd have to have three extra inches on each leg for them to fit. If I fold them up inside, they fit her okay, but it's just funny to me how off the sizing is. Who knew? LOL
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
you feeling better? Hows Abby?? I miss her!
oh, and you!
Post a Comment